BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome ♥


Ah, love, let us be true
To one another! for the world, which seems
To lie before us like a land of dreams,
...So various, so beautiful, so new,
Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,
Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mad Ramblings ♥

I realize I don’t always end up writing here consecutively throughout the days, but I shall try my best. This is the second time I’m writing here today, although, technically it’s not really “today” anymore since it is past 12:00 midnight…And really I’m only writing because I’m extremely bored. There’s no specific topic to this post just plain ramblings.

I hope I don’t bore you too much…

For the past few months or so I’ve been going jogging at the public park close to where I live. A couple of weeks ago I saw a small black fur ball rolling, or should I say frolicking around in the grass, so I stopped to see what it was. The ebony kitten with almost translucent gold and emerald eyes was utterly and entirely adorable. There was no sign of a mama cat but I assumed that she was looking for some rations for her family. So I continued my regular exercise and didn’t think of the little feline again. That is, until I started seeing the kitten approximately every day in different sections of the park. Still with no mother.

That night I inquired my own mother if there was a chance that we could possibly keep her. Her reply was that if I could catch her, and if she didn’t look disease ridden, then maybe, MAYBE, we could keep her.

I continued my habitual routine of jogging at night, until I saw her again. I had stopped for a rest and sat down at a bench to catch my breath, I didn’t even notice her sitting there coiled up on the other side. I went to stroke her and she purred, I sat there with her for a while but it was getting late, so I attempted to pick her up but she leapt off of the bench and ran away... I kept seeing her regularly for three uninterrupted weeks after that night. Until she finally let me pick her up.

She is now a part of the family, and her name is Ophelia. She is beautiful and very well cared for as well as loved. It’s a sad story though. I have to leave her soon… I know my family will take care of her but I will miss her terribly… I suppose I can see her when I come back, but that won’t be for months. I hope I like British Columbia, Canada, and for what it’s worth I am tremendously eager.

Oh, on another note there are no updates on the visa status yet… I’m still waiting. I am truly anticipating a response from them soon; I’m getting gravely impatient and irritated… Another thing I’m getting frustrated about is the fact that so many tests have to be taken for college! So much blood has been drawn from my veins in the past two weeks it’s insane! I won’t go into that right now… However you will, in all probability, be reading a rant about the inept and inefficient hospital systems here at some point.

Much love
 
xoxo

0 comments: